Polar Super Scarf | Free Crochet Pattern

Last year, super scarves became extremely popular. I mean who doesn't want a big, soft scarf to keep you cozy and stylish?



I decided to try my hand at a design of my very own when I was gifted two skeins of Homespun Quick and Thick. I remembered working with it once before, I had loved the chunky and squishy feeling between my fingers.


Since the yarn was so thick, I wanted to find the perfect crochet hook. I ended up using a 7mm bamboo hook I had in my stash. It definitely helped me get the effect I was going for... don't you think?


I chained 27 stitches, then in the 3rd chain from my hook I made my first double crochet stitch. Then for the rest of the row I repeated a pattern of *ch 1, dc 1. I continued to the next row by chaining 2, then repeating the same pattern to the end of the row. This went on for 99 rows. I still had a little less than half of a skein left too!!


I was considering stitching the two ends of my scarf using the Whip Stitch to make a double infinity scarf, but I decided not to instead. Besides, I could always change my mind if I wanted to.


So without further a-do, here's you copy of the FREE pattern...


Polar Super Scarf Pattern

Materials

  • 2 skeins of Homespun Quick & Thick
  • A 7mm crochet hook
  • Darning needle (for  weaving in ends)
  • Scissors

Notes

  • Make sure to buy the chunkier version of the Homespun yarn, the Quick & Thick version will give you the look you want for this pattern!
  • The crochet hook size, if you's like to use a larger hook for a more loose piece then go for it! Homespun is a difficult yarn at first so do what you feel is best.
  • Though I crocheted for 99 rows, you can add more or less depending on you height or whether or not you want to make it a cowl.
  • Remember, this is your project and you can tweak it however you'd like. sew the ends together to make a cowl. Add tassels, flowers, or change the width. Tell me below what you decide to do!!

Pattern

Ch 27.

Row 1- In the 3rd ch from hk, dc. *Ch , dc. Rep from * to end.

Row 2- Ch 2, dc in the very ch space. *Ch 1, dc. Rep from * to end. For a scarf, I continued for 99 rows.

Fasten off. Weave in ends using needle or whip stitch the to ends of your piece together to form a big loop.

I've been dying to mention that this scarf is soooo warm!! The day we were outside taking photos, it was drizzling all day long. Thankfully, I had my brand new scarf to keep me toasty.



It was really satisfying to see the work grow so quickly, it only took me 2 days to finish it! I love having a project that just flies off my hook. It's too bad I made it right AFTER Christmas. It would make a quick and easy gift for someone special.


Anyways, I hope you enjoy the rest of your 6 weeks in winter(thanks to little Phil). I'll be back soon with more posts that I'm sure you'll love!!

I'll see you soon...... 

Comments

Popular Posts